[Zope] A single value from SQL

Rob Page rob.page@digicool.com
Sat, 5 Jun 1999 13:29:19 -0400

> Right. Essentially I want to treat the SQL method like a function call
> which returns a value and not a list.

Two points...

First, all SQLMethods return lists.  This eliminates the need to test if
the result from a ZSQLMethod is a value or a list in DTML every single
time you use a ZSQLMethod object -- this is a Win.

Of course, your point about wanting to cleanly get at what you know to
be a single row (e.g., SELECT MAX) is a very common one.  I'll poke
around and see what I see -- IMO, you and Oleg are right, there should
be (probably is) a way to grab the data directly.

--Rob