[Zope] On the previous GIF Anim

Alex Rice alrice@swcp.com
Sun, 6 Jun 1999 13:14:22 -0600 (MDT)

On Mon, 7 Jun 1999 01:38:40 +0800,
"zhaoway" <zhaoway@mud.jlonline.com> said:

zhaoway> Hi! On the previous GIF animations for the
zhaoway> PT:

zhaoway> It's really a pain for me to go through
zhaoway> those GIF animations. Not too many reasons,
zhaoway> just the speed is far too slow and the
zhaoway> telephone fee is far too expensive and the
zhaoway> browser always behaves strangely. I'd rather
zhaoway> you have some GIF frames been picked out
zhaoway> to be shown there in the web site then
zhaoway> I could go through them myself. Maybe JPEG
zhaoway> could give better compresion ratios.

Those gif are tiny! (60-90K each). I think if they were individual gifs
you would have much more downloading to do. gif is a better choice than
jpeg for images like this where it's mostly solid colors and horizontal
lines.

Alex Rice    |    alrice@swcp.com    |    http://www.swcp.com/~alrice
    Current Location: N. Rio Grande Bioregion, Southwestern USA