[Zope] Knowing enough to get into trouble

Zope on a Rope zope@jules.com
Tue, 08 Jun 1999 17:26:05 -0400

I've learned a bunch about Zope after scanning all the messages that come
in -- this list is ripe with smart people! Thank you all for sharing what
you know.

That said, it's still populated with one dumbo who isn't too good at
applying the bones tossed my way. I still have a little problem that I'd
like to get to the bottom of.

I've got a mildly modified tree control that I stole from Zbook that does
everything a tree should do. I've also got at least one folder I'd like to
hide from the tree. Right now I'm just hiding a folder programatically by
starting its title with 'zzz'.

	<!--#if expr="title[0:3] != 'zzz'"-->
	 ... show the tree

So far, so good. It doesn't show up on the tree display.

But I'm one of those anal retentives that likes to keep things tidy. I'd
like to create a sub directory to hold my images, etc., and if I nest the
folders, the little +/- sign shows up. If the folder title starts with
'zzz', it even hides the folder but shows a heirarchy of +/- gizmos.

It was suggested that I add 'skip_unauthorized=1' to my tree but I couldn't
get that to work. I went to my resources folder, went to security and
unchecked "Acquire permission settings?". That didn't work for me as the
unauthenticate user was prompted with an auth box.

I'd like to be able to show/hide other items, too. So if somebody can
cattle prod me into getting the latter to work, I'd be grateful. Heck, I'll
even write the experience up for ZDP if they'll accept my words and spaces!

Cheers,
Jules