[Zope] Q. on slashdot.py

zhaoway zhaoway@mud.jlonline.com
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 12:36:16 +0800

Hi, Zopers,

I'm playing Zope with a dialin-line at home.
I use slashdot.py in /index_html. It works
well. But one thing is that I want that
everytime I dial-up to go online, it can
update (semi-)automatically the headlines
locally. Now, I've to go into /manage,
fill in my username:passwd, click on this
External Method then click on Try it! then
it has made. I've also tried add the Try
it! URL(/slashdot_id) into somewhere in
/index_html then when go online, I just click
once hope it will update, but it does not
update. Any easy hacks on this? I'm using
win32.

--zhaoway

P.S. Why I want to do this because
http://slashdot.org/ultramode.txt is ultra
fast. :) I go online far less than once/hr.
Guess what? I want somedays later
I could do email in Zope with my browsers
instead of using any specific Email client.
:) Just like move the hotmail frontend home,
no real SMTP server or POP3 server, just perform
normal email client tasks. Thrlling! :)
I'm really fascinated by Zope's manage interface.