[Zope] ANN: Squishdot -- a slashdot-clone Zope Product

Butch Landingin butchland@yahoo.com
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 19:38:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hi ya all,

After some sanity-checking by a small group of testers, Squishdot - a slashdot-clone Zope
product, is now ready to be downloaded, commented on, its tires kicked and its
innards poked around.

It's available at the following url:

     http://members.tripod.com/squishdot/index.html

Some caveats, however :

   1) it's very early alpha-software. It's still probably got some big bugs
      lying around, waiting to pounce on 'ya. I'm releasing it to a larger
      group hoping to get more bug reports. Start sending them to
      squishdot@yahoo.com.

   2) it works best if you have Ty Sarna's TinyTable Zope product installed.
      It works with both the original TinyTable product (ver. 0.7.3) as well as
      the TinyTable beta2 (ver. 0.8.2)

   3) it has been tested with Zope 1.10.2 (stable release). It can also
      work with later versions, including Zope2, but you need to patch your
      TinyTable product to make to the fancy demo options work. The following url:

      http://www.egroups.com/group/zope/5991.html? can give you some guidance on
      how to patch it (TinyTable) to work with Zope2/ZODB3.

Lastly, thanks to the group of testers for testing the early release candidates of Squishdot.
Your bug reports have helped me improve the product immensely. Thanks specially to Michael
Bernstein for the Zope2/ZODB3 test.

Best Regards,

Butch Landingin
butchland@yahoo.com