[Zope] Automatically reloading external methods (was: FYI: Portal ToolkitSlides and Demo available)Slides and Demo available)

Martin Dougiamas martin@dougiamas.com
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 12:08:42 +0800

Paulo Eduardo Neves wrote:

> Eric Kidd wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Jun 10, 1999 at 03:29:02PM -0400, Paul Everitt wrote:
> > > Hmm, I'm surprised that you'd advocate automatic reloading, as it would
> > > (at a minimum) stat a file on each request.  Do you think it should be an
> > > optional knob to specify whether to check for changes?  If so, what
> > > should be the default?
> >
> > I'd like a really easy way to reload external methods. It probably
> > shouldn't be automatic, but it should be simple and obvious.
>
> I really miss external methods reloading when I'm debugging. Why not
> automatically reload them when the environment variable ZOPE_DEBUG_MODE
> is set?

My suggestion, which I made in Collector Item #67 a few weeks back, is
to have a toggle switch in the Control Panel.

Cheers,
Martin