[Zope] SunOS problems

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Sat, 12 Jun 1999 10:13:05 +0100

> Hello all
>
> I have downloaded the newly released Zope-1.10.3b1 and tried to install it
> on a SunOS 5.6 box (My first ever contact with a Sun machine!). I
> downloaded Python-1.5.2 as well. they both compiled successfully and Zope
> seems to start up ok. However whenever I try to access the Zope site I
> get:
>
> Unhandled exception in thread:
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File

"/export/home/yifan/pavlos/Zope-1.10.3b1-src/ZServer/PubCore/ZServerPublishe
r.py",
> line 95, in __init__
>     response=response)
> TypeError: unexpected keyword argument: request
>
> I am using the latest release of ZServer and the accompanied patched
> ZPublisher.
>
> Any clues??
>
> Pavlos

Sorry I can't help Pavlos,
But that is *exactly* what happened to me with our SunOS 5.6 box.
I thought it had something to do with shared libraries, but that was as far
as I got (I was struggling with a corrupted Database at the time).

I'd really like to try out ZServer on SunOS 5.6 and SunOS 5.7 (which is
where I'll be hosting it) though, so if anyone has *any* clue....cheers.

tone,