[Zope] RE: [Zope-dev] Suggestion: Full name attribute for user objects

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Sun, 13 Jun 1999 13:15:18 +0200

>What with cases where the Portal Toolkit is overkill? The UserFolder
>architecture serves just fine for my purpose, it's just that one missing
>property. Note that I don't know how integrated the ZPT will be into
>Zope, so maybe "overkill" is irrelevant in this case if ZPT will be
>fully grafted into Zope. But if not, and if it does not replace
>UserFolder, and if ZPT brings along with lots of baggage, I'd rather
>want to extend UserFolder than switching.

What I understood, the ZPT needs Zope 2, because it uses ZClasses. And with
ZClasses, you can subclass the UserFolder and USer objects, and add your
own properties.

Yes, ZPT will be very integrated, because large parts are implemented in
ZClasses. Those parts that are not, will for a large part be integrated
into the Zope framework (like the Catalog, see Paul Everitt's last email
entitled 'Collector Source?')

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer