[Zope] Bug 197 no property sheets

Alex Rice alrice@swcp.com
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 13:19:20 -0600 (MDT)

On Mon, 14 Jun 1999 11:48:48 -0700,
Michael Bernstein <mbernstein@profitscape.net> said:

(Alex)

>    Subject: ZClasses tutorial FAQ: Properties tab unvi (sic) invisible
>    From: Gregor Hoffleit
>    http://www.egroups.com/group/zope/5844.html?
>
> Was this ever answered?  Anyways, I've noted in the tutorial below what
> doesn't make sense about it. I would really appreciate a hint.

Michael> I had also asked this question in another thread:
Michael> http://www.zope.org/pipermail/zope/1999-June/004914.html

Michael> and then asked again:
Michael> http://www.zope.org/pipermail/zope/1999-June/005288.html

Michael> and recieved this reply:
Michael> http://www.zope.org/pipermail/zope/1999-June/005293.html

Michael> So it seems as though this is a genuine bug (#197):
Michael> http://www.zope.org/Collector/bugsAndFeatures/Classification/Bug/tableBrowse?query_start=197

Michael> I hope this bug is resolved soon, as ZClasses is the biggest
Michael> reason I am experimenting with Zope 2.0.

Cool. Same here. FWIW, in this bug it seems to make a difference whether
or not you choose a base class. The tutorial tells you not to. Last
night I tried choosing DTML Document as the base class, and the
Properties tab *was* appearing for me, sometimes, but I still could not
get to form wired into the property sheet. I'll see if I can elucidate
it more when I get home tonight.

If someone who is up to speed on ZClasses w/ Zope 2 could update Amos's
tutorial, that would be fanstastic. Perhaps using an example where it
generates the class, factory and form automatically (what's that called
"add key to list"? )

Alex Rice    |    alrice@swcp.com    |    http://www.swcp.com/~alrice
    Current Location: N. Rio Grande Bioregion, Southwestern USA