[Zope] 2.0.0a[12] Cache Prameters / Flush Cache TypeError

J Kinsley jkinsley@horus.bticc.net
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 06:47:17 -0400 (EDT)

I am getting a strange TypeError in both the 'Cache Parameters' and
'Flush Cache' tabs of the 'control_panel'.  I had initially seen this
error in 2.0.0a1 back when I first installed Zope (1.x.x never worked
because I run Python1.5.2).  I had forgotten about it until a little
bit ago when I encountered it again in 2.0.0a2.

I have searched both the Collector and the list archives and have
found no mention of this error, so I am assuming it is restricted to
my configuration.  Below is the traceback which is exactly the same
for both functions.

exceptions.TypeError

Traceback (innermost last):
  File /opt/www/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 238, in publish_module
  File /opt/www/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 108, in publish
  File /opt/www/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 104, in mapply
    (Object: cacheParameters)
  File /opt/www/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 97, in call_object
    (Object: cacheParameters)
  File /opt/www/zope/lib/python/App/special_dtml.py, line 112, in __call__
    (Object: cacheParameters)
  File /opt/www/zope/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_String.py, line 405, in __call__
    (Object: cacheParameters)
  File /opt/www/zope/lib/python/App/CacheManager.py, line 104, in cache_length
    (Object: Control_Panel)
  File /opt/www/zope/lib/python/ZODB/DB.py, line 267, in cacheSize
TypeError: too many arguments; expected 1, got 2

I cannot seem to figure out why this is happening from the given
information. However, I've only been using Python for two months and
Zope for two weeks, so I may be over looking something.

System Parameters:
Zope-2.0.0a2
Python-1.5.2
RedHat-6.0