[Zope] How? ZServer + PCGI

Alex Rice alrice@swcp.com
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 10:53:55 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 15 Jun 1999 09:25:04 -0700,
Amos Latteier <amos@aracnet.com> said:

Amos> You should be able to leave out the DNS server and allow -p to
Amos> default to Zope.cgi. What's stopping you?

INSTALL.txt says:
 You *must* specify a DNS server in z2.py or via command-line options.

(but it doesn't say why) I thought perhaps -p was the same way...

Amos> BTW, why are changing the ownership of var to nobody but seemingly
Amos> running ZServer as your userid?

Actually, I'm running ZServer as root, assuming it will become nobody.

>  File "/usr/share/Zope-2.0.0a2-src/ZServer/medusa/select_trigger.py",
>line 80, in pull_trigger
>    self.trigger.sendto (msg, self.addr)
>socket.error: (13, 'Permission denied')

Amos> OK, this is a generic medusa problem. My guess is that you'll get
Amos> this from any sort of access to ZServer such as HTTP, FTP, PCGI,
Amos> etc. The select trigger is a socket file in the /tmp directory
Amos> which ZServer uses to wake up the select call after it finishes
Amos> publishing in a thread. My guess is that there is some permissions
Amos> problem, perhaps in the /tmp directory which is keeping ZServer
Amos> from writing to the socket file.

No other programs have trouble writing to /tmp. Maybe I have a stale
socket file in /tmp. Will clean it out. More tonight...

Thanks,

Alex Rice    |    alrice@swcp.com    |    http://www.swcp.com/~alrice
    Current Location: N. Rio Grande Bioregion, Southwestern USA