[Zope] solution for alpha2 permissions problem?

Daniel M. Drucker dmd@3e.org
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 18:56:24 -0400 (EDT)

> It seems pretty clear from this traceback that Zope does not have
> permissions to write a pid file. My guess is that since this bit of code
> operates after Zope has changed uid, nobody probably doesn't have write
> access to 'var/Z2.pid'
>
> Make sure that the var directory *and all the files in it* are owned by the
> uid the Zope is running as.
>
>   $ chown -R nobody var
>   $ chgrp -R nobody var

That doesn't work, even when I chmod 777 the directory and files. When
I truss it, it seems to actually be complaining about not being able
to write to stuff in /tmp (which is also writable by nobody/everybody).