[Zope] How stable is the 2.0 alpha release?

Alexander Staubo alex@mop.no
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 03:12:58 +0200

I realize this is a completely silly and impossible question, but for a
new Linux-based production server to run Zope, we feel a bit squeezed
between using 1.10 (which does not have Z Classes), 1.11.0pr1 (which has
proven to be quite stable but does not support concurrency), and 2.0.0a1
or the latest CVS version (which is an alpha, and which I have not
attempted to run for stability testing).

We'd be able to live with an unstable server for a couple (literally
speaking, I think) of weeks, but beyond that time, we would like
something of production, or at least beta, quality. Until this is
cleared up we can cope with 1.110pr1, I guess.

--
Alexander Staubo             http://www.mop.no/~alex/
"`This must be Thursday,' said Arthur to himself, sinking low over