[Zope] Redirects

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Wed, 16 Jun 1999 21:43:03 +0200

At 11:57 16-6-99 , Phil Grove wrote:
>Can anybody tell me if it is poosible to specify a target frame in a
>redirect command??

Last time I looked (and that has been a while) that is only posiible with
Netscape browsers.

Normally you can only tell the browser in what frame to display the results
of a request in the HTML making the request, not at the server. However,
Netscape (I think, I haven't checked), will also listen to a header called
'target-frame' or some such thing. You will have to check at
http://developer.netscape.com what the actual syntax is.

To set it from DTML, do:

<!--#call "RESPONSE.setHeader('target-frame', 'name-of-the-frame')"-->
<!--#call "RESPONSE.redirect('new-url')"-->

Problem is, if you need to suport Explorer as well, you're out of luck.

PS. I could be remembering it wrong, and it's the other way round, so it
works for IE, and not for NN. Check with http://msdn.microsoft.com then.

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer