[Zope] ZServer dying when parent does?

michel@digicool.com michel@digicool.com
16 Jun 1999 17:25:14 -0400

Pavlos Christoforou <pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu> writes:

> On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, Daniel M. Drucker wrote:
>

> > If I run ZServer like this:
> >
> > $ python z2.py -2 -w 23456 &
> >
> > It works -- until I log out of the shell I started it from. Then it
> > terminates too.
>
> This has nothing to do with Zope. Try:
>
> nohup python z2.py -2 -w 23456 &
>
> Pavlos

We do however, have to fix z2.py so it behaves a bit more deamonicly,
ie detaches itself from the terminal it was started from (unless you
specify a -nodetach flag or whatever) and do some better logger
managment.

z2 started as a hack by me (zinit) and hacked further (albeit more
masterly) by Jim into z2.  Someone needs to take over this hack.

-Michel