[Zope] sql varchar truncated?

Alexander Staubo alex@mop.no
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 22:08:40 +0200

False -- Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 supports char and varchar fields up to
8000 characters in size. Anything above that you use text, ntext, or
image.

To answer the poster's question, Zope/Python strings are _not_ limited
to ~256 characters. I have successfully inserted large amounts of data
in MSSQL image fields (which is a pain but works), although I don't
recall if I ever pushed anything about 256 into a varchar field.

If you have access to isql[w], I recommend that you run the query
manually and see what happens.

--
Alexander Staubo             http://www.mop.no/~alex/
"`Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.'"