[Zope] ANN: Zope XML-RPC!

Eric Kidd eric@userland.com
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 11:01:01 -0400

On Thu, Jun 17, 1999 at 02:45:16PM -0700, Patrick Phalen wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Eric Kidd wrote:
> > Hello! As some of you may have guessed, I've finally gotten around to
> > implementing XML-RPC for Zope.
>
> Wow!

Thanks!

> I'm not going to even think about the security implications right now.

XML-RPC uses standard Zope security. You can't access anything with XML-RPC
that you couldn't access via the web (in theory, at least).

Just think of this as an easy way to connect your Python (and Tcl and Perl
etc.) scripts with Zope. It's not meant for high-performance RPC calls or
massively complex distributed object models.

Our first release of XML-RPC for Zope is a little bit naive. It doesn't
handle exceptions very gracefully, and it needs some polishing. However, it
should be good enough to try out. If something seems bogus, send me
mail. :-)

Cheers,
Eric