[Zope] ANN: Zope XML-RPC!

Robin Becker robin@jessikat.demon.co.uk
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 16:51:31 +0100

In article <19990617164927.B14374@moebius.dartmouth.edu>, Eric Kidd
<eric@userland.com> writes
>Hello! As some of you may have guessed, I've finally gotten around to
>implementing XML-RPC for Zope. You can thank the following people:
I'm having a problem getting xml-rpc to go. I have installed cvs version
of Zope2 and can see that the xml-rpc hooks are there. I got the latest
xmlrpclib and xmlrpc.

I installed an external function

xml_hello_world inside <ZOPEROOT>/Extensions/test.py and with my browser
http://jessikat:9673/xml_hello_world?name=xxx returns the expected
Hello, xxx!

when I run the xmlrpclib route as in

>>> import xmlrpclib
>>> s=xmlrpclib.Server("http://jessikat:9673")
>>> print s.xml_hello_world("AAA")
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<pyshell#2>", line 1, in ?
    print s.xml_hello_world("AAA")
  File "C:\Python\Lib\xmlrpclib.py", line 457, in __call__
    return self.__send(self.__name, args)
  File "C:\Python\Lib\xmlrpclib.py", line 496, in __request
    headers
ProtocolError: <ProtocolError for jessikat:9673/RPC2: -1 Status: 200 OK

a bit of debugging reveals that the parse into method and args happens
ok, but inside xmlrpc somewhere a fault is happening; it seems that the
standard error return from Zope is shoved into the response body.
--
Robin Becker