[Zope] Cookie differences between IE and Netscape

Hannu Krosing hannu@trust.ee
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 14:46:05 +0300

Graham Chiu wrote:

> and added a random number generator at the bottom of the page
>
> Random Number is <!--#var "_.whrandom.uniform(1,1000000)"-->
>
> With IE5.0, the random number does not change showing that the pages are
> being cached by IE5.
>
> Is there anything else I can do to stop the caching?

The only reliable way to stop cacheing seems to be changing the url each
time ;(

I have done it by appending a timestamp as an argument to the
referencing url.
so that /site.com/personal_welcome becomes
/site.com/personal_welcome?T=12432354335

Usually having /cgi-bin/ in the url also has the effect of disabling
cacheing.
maybe naming your urls to end with .asp can also do the trick for IE :)

Hannu