[Zope] 1.10.3 Solaris binary

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 09:31:32 -0400

Ooops.  I'll look into getting a Solaris binary out.

> Is there a standard procedure or set of scripts which are
> used to create
> the distributed Zope binaries?  If so, then I'm sure that we
> could get a
> good number of contributed precompiled binaries for a lot of different
> platforms!  (Or, would that become its own maintenance mess?)

It was a maintenance mess.  We had a Zope porting kit which was a realy
administrative burden, so now we have only three binary platforms.
Linux2, Win32, and Solaris.

Your welcome to package your own binaries and distribute them (not in
violation of the license, of course ;) for your platform of choice, and
we will put them up on our unsupported software pages.

> If someone gives me a few pointers I would love to contribute
> a Solaris
> binary dist myself...

that's Ok, the only reason why there isn't one is we forgot.  We're
setup allready to crank one out and it won't take long.

-Michel