[Zope] New version of mod_pcgi

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 11:06:34 -0400

Martijn wrote:
> >But I'd like to hold off on that and see
> >if people really run multiple Zope processes on the same server.
>
> Of course they will. Especially Zope hosting providers want
> to do this. ZDP
> runs alongside other Zope processes on one Apache server.

And with the client-server commercial version of ZODB, people can spread
one logical object system (website) across multiple Zope applications.
Though mod_pcgi doesn't need to think about this within the next two
months, very quickly after that we'll be interested in how requests get
routed to a Zope.

I *only* bring this up as an FYI.  This isn't something that needs
attention yet.  The focus should be on accomplishing what the current
PCGI does, but in a easier to figure out and higher performance way.

--Paul

Paul Everitt       Digital Creations
paul@digicool.com  540.371.6909
The Open Source Zope application server