[Zope] zope 2.0.0.a2 & FreeBSD -- python coredumps

Steve Spicklemire steve@estel.uindy.edu
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 07:24:58 -0500 (EST)

Hi Thomas,

	Hmmm... I never *did* get the pcgi_wrapper to start the
pcgi_publisher automatically on freebsd. It would always hang trying
to start the process. It does turn out that ZServer works great on
freebsd, and it supports pcgi just fine.  You also get the additional
benefit of ftp and http support with a single server. I think this
will be the way of the future anyway... so why not just run ZServer?

-steve

    thomas> On 21 Jun, Brian Hooper wrote:

    thomas> 	Hi Brian,

    thomas> 	yep, I did that before this message showed up. Before
    thomas> I recompiled the kernel there was a SYSVEM type fault
    thomas> everytime I called Zope.cgi. The NEXT step you did to get
    thomas> it going is the one I need ... :)

    thomas> 	I heard someone mention the -devel package of python
    thomas> on this list, is that what you did ?? And how did you get
    thomas> it into the port ?? (Wouldn't even now how to get it)

    thomas> 	Thanks for your help and reply though,

    thomas> 	-Th

    >> Hi there -
    >>
    >> I'm not sure if this is the same problem, but when I installed
    >> Zope on FreeBSD I had to recompile my kernel with SYSVSHM
    >> turned on.
    >>
    >> I don't remember completely but I'm pretty sure that this
    >> resulted in the same kind of error you're getting...
    >>
    >> --Brian Hooper
    >>
    >>> Whenever I try to invoke /cgi-bin/Zope.cgi/manage I get the
    >>> "Temporarily Unavailable" response with a "(102) failure
    >>> during connect" The HTML source say's "Interupted system call
    >>> pcgi-wrapper version 2.0a5"
    >>>
    >>> pcgi.log says "pcgi-wrapper: Interrupted system call (102)
    >>> Failure during connect" Along with that, python exits on a
    >>> signal 11 and dumps core.
    >>>
    >>> Here is what I did :
    >>>
    >>> Installed python-1.5.2 from the FBSD port, made sure that the
    >>> parser module is included,
    >>>
    >>> installed Zope (python w_pcgi.py)
    >>>
    >>> the zope/var dir is owned by "nobody" with 777
    >>>
    >>> put the authorization stuff into httpd.conf as per
    >>> webserver.txt
    >>>
    >>> /cgi-bin/pcgifile?info=Zope.cgi gives:
    >>>
    >>> Python 1.5.2 (#2, Jun 19 1999, 11:48:11) [GCC 2.7.2.1]
    >>> Apache/1.3.3 (Unix) PHP/3.0.5 mod_ssl/2.0.14 SSLeay/0.9.0b
    >>>
    >>> PCGI info file: Zope.cgi PCGI wrapper:
    >>> /usr/local/lib/Zope/pcgi/pcgi-wrapper error attempting: 'from
    >>> cgi_module_publisher import publish_module' status: FAILURE
    >>>
    >>> Zope.cgi #!/usr/local/lib/Zope/pcgi/pcgi-wrapper
    >>> PCGI_NAME=Main
    >>> PCGI_MODULE_PATH=/usr/local/lib/Zope/lib/python/Main.py
    >>> PCGI_PUBLISHER=/usr/local/lib/Zope/pcgi/pcgi_publisher.py
    >>> PCGI_EXE=/usr/local/bin/python
    >>> PCGI_SOCKET_FILE=/usr/local/lib/Zope/var/pcgi.soc
    >>> PCGI_PID_FILE=/usr/local/lib/Zope/var/pcgi.pid
    >>> PCGI_ERROR_LOG=/usr/local/lib/Zope/var/pcgi.log
    >>> PCGI_DISPLAY_ERRORS=1 BOBO_REALM=Zope BOBO_DEBUG_MODE=1
    >>> INSTANCE_HOME=/usr/local/lib/Zope
    >>>

    >>> Anyone got an idea what's happening ?? I'm obviously missing
    >>> something.... just what ?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for any help
    >>>
    >>> -Th

    thomas> maillist - Zope@zope.org

    thomas> (For developer-specific issues, use the companion list,
    thomas> zope-dev@zope.org -