[Zope] ANN: ZCatalog 1.0.0 alpha

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 15:20:22 -0400

Greetings Zopeheads.

After much sweat and toil and 4 rewrites, we are pleased to announce the
release of ZCatalog, the Zope Cataloging and Searching Product, version
1.0.0 alpha.

The Catalog can be found at:

http://www.zope.org/Download/ZCatalog

We recommend you read the ZCatalog Tutorial, written by Mike Pelletier
(Note that 'Mike' Pelletier is a completely different person than
'Michel' Pelletier, which is me) which is available on the web at the
above location.

ZCatalog requires Zope 2.0.0alpha3.  It will not work with any previous
versions of Zope.

Remember, this is *alpha* software.  It has limitations, and there are
several optimizations/features we have planed for it which are not
included in this release.  We would, however, like the tired to be well
kicked.

Please report any bugs you find related to ZCatalog to the Collector:

http://www.zope.org/Collector

We hope you find some interesting things to do with the Catalog!

-Michel