[Zope] Multiple domains from one server process?

Andreas Kostyrka andreas@mtg.co.at
Sun, 27 Jun 1999 21:20:01 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 27 Jun 1999, Scott Robertson wrote:

> That's a problem we've been having. Currently our customers are using
> similar tricks to the one you've posted to get around it. It's related to
> the way mod_rewrite works, we think anyways. Some one has posted a fix
> that patches ZPublisher, haven't had a chance yet to try it though.
Nope, I actually think this is a logical problem. When redirecting to
Zope.cgi/path/path/$1
path/path/ gets added by Apache to the request URL, as it needs to
communicate that fact to the CGI program.

Now Zope takes the servername, which is reported correctly as
www.subdomain.com, and sticks it together with the full path,
/path/path/someurl.

I'll hunt for the ZPublisher patch and try it, because it sounds as a
good place to help this problem.

> Has anyone setup virtual zope hosting in something other than apache?
I'm not sure if any publishing method supports virtual hosts directly at
all. pcgi does support it only because of Apache supporting it.

Andreas
--
Win95: n., A huge annoying boot virus that causes random spontaneous system
     crashes, usually just before saving a massive project.  Easily cured by