[Zope] Zope obj naming vs python obj naming.

Jay, Dylan djay@lucent.com
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 16:44:52 +1000

I came up against a situation just now whereby I had several folders in zope
named with prefixes 7_1Load
I believe it is illigal in python to have an object name start with an
integer. So when I tried to access my folder by name in an external method I
got an error. Is there another way of accessing the object in python? If not
shouldn't python naming restrictions be applied to zope objects otherwise
there is no guarentee that an external method will work with all objects.

ps. The line I was using in the external method was "eval('self.'+id)" or
something similar. I also tried getattr