[Zope] Multiple domains from one server process?

Amos Latteier Amos@digicool.com
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 10:32:52 -0400

> > That's a problem we've been having. Currently our customers
> are using
> > similar tricks to the one you've posted to get around it.
> It's related to
> > the way mod_rewrite works, we think anyways. Some one has
> posted a fix
> > that patches ZPublisher, haven't had a chance yet to try it though.
> Nope, I actually think this is a logical problem. When redirecting to
> Zope.cgi/path/path/$1
> path/path/ gets added by Apache to the request URL, as it needs to
> communicate that fact to the CGI program.
>
> Now Zope takes the servername, which is reported correctly as
> www.subdomain.com, and sticks it together with the full path,
> /path/path/someurl.
>
> I'll hunt for the ZPublisher patch and try it, because it sounds as a
> good place to help this problem.

I'm not sure that ZPublisher is the right place to solve this. If I
understand correctly, you are looking for a way to chop some fixed
string '/path/path' off the front of the PATH_INFO for every request. I
would guess that doing this in ZServer rather than in ZPublisher might
be a better idea.

Let me know if you need more pointers in order to make this work.

-Amos

--
Amos Latteier         mailto:amos@digicool.com
Digital Creations     http://www.digicool.com