[Zope] validating forms-input

Thomas Riedl triedl@linuxland.de
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 09:16:23 +0200

Joachim Schmitz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> before I start reinventing the wheel, what is the best way for validating
> form-input with standard or userwritten validationfunctions and
> redisplaying the same form, with those fields marked, which validate to
> false ?

As far as I loath this way, I've found that immediate validation of
input
by JavaScript (onchange) turned out to be unaskingly accepted by users.

IMHO it's also the most direct and intuitive way:
If something's wrong, I get noticed of this fact when I'm at it, not
some
time later.

But again, I dislike JavaScript since it reminds me too much of The
Goode Olde Dayes of BASIC...

Just my (#$!"§ Euro symbol) 0.02
--
MfG: Thomas Riedl