[Zope] ftp editing methods

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 14:18:59 -0400

Michel Pelletier wrote:

> Yes, this suggestion was forwarded by Hadar, but it makes me shudder a
> bit.  Sniffing content is never a very deterministic way of doing
> things.  It could be done, I guess, as a configurable option.

Don't forget sub-types either. I have no idea why the mime system is
two-level but it doesn't reflect reality. I have files that are

text/xml/xhtml/ourhtml_subset

or consider

application/xml/rdf/netscape_what_s_related

etc.

 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

"The new revolutionaries believe the time has come for an aggressive
move against our oppressors. We have established a solid beachhead
on Friday. We now intend to fight vigorously for 'casual Thursdays.'
  -- who says America's revolutionary spirit is dead?