[Zope] ftp editing methods

Alex Rice alrice@swcp.com
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 00:46:00 -0600 (MDT)

On 27 Jun 1999 21:49:04 -0400,
michel@digicool.com said:

michel> This has been asked before, I'll look into it.  This may have to
michel> be something as clumsy as a control panel toggle to the FTP
michel> behavior, I don't think there is any way for Zope to know that
michel> you intend the text to be a Document or a Method.

michel> If you can brainstorm up a better solution that a toggle, let us
michel> know.

A toggle would be great. Seeing the current thread, the problem is a lot
more complex than I had realized.

One thing I don't remember being raised as a possibility is the ability
to coerce an object type, like changing a 'DTML Document' into a 'DTML
Method' in the Zope UI. That's probably opening up a whole nuthr can of
worms though.

Alex Rice    |    alrice@swcp.com    |    http://www.swcp.com/~alrice
    Current Location: N. Rio Grande Bioregion, Southwestern USA