[Zope] (no subject)

Alex Rice alrice@swcp.com
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 13:17:30 -0600 (MDT)

On 30 Jun 1999 11:53:01 -0700,
CURTIS David <David.Curtis@state.or.us> said:

CURTIS> Friends of Zope, I am a newbie who wants to know how to search
CURTIS> for for data on a MySQL database using the SQL LIKE command.  I
CURTIS> used the tutorial and found it helpful but It show how to search
CURTIS> for exact matches only.  I suppose this is easily done, Any
CURTIS> ideas?

See the Mysql manual, section 7.10 "Select Syntax" and 7.3.6 "String
comparison functions".

% and _ are the wildcard characters in Mysql like.

select colname from tablename where colname like '%substring%'

Alex Rice    |    alrice@swcp.com    |    http://www.swcp.com/~alrice
    Current Location: N. Rio Grande Bioregion, Southwestern USA