[Zope] ZMySQLDA installation

Shaw, Howard ShawH@STHS.org
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 10:31:06 -0600

You need to install python... Or adjust the Makefile.pre.in to look at
Zope's internal python, instead of trying to find the external one.

Actually, from a quick runthrough of the Makefile.pre.in, you should set
the enviroment variable PYTHON to point to the local python binary; I
mean the one internal to zope, like

PYTHON=/home/zope/bin/python
export PYTHON

(in bash)

or setenv PYTHON /home/zope/bin/python

(in tcsh) ... (and no I am not quite certain on the syntax here).

The 'make -f Makefile.pre.in boot' appears to call $(PYTHON) with
parameters that cause it to return the proper location for the python
configuration files, etc.

Good luck.