[Zope] AUTHENTICATED_USER

JP Glutting JPGlutting@cspt.es
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 13:23:41 MET-1MEST

Does anyone have any more information on AUTHENTICATED_USER? We saw a while
back that it has properties (AUTHENTICATED_USER.has_role(['Manager',
'Editor'])). I would like to be able to get the user name, and use that to
index simple files for users. Is there something like
AUTHENTICATED_USER['UserName']?? This is essentially the information that is
returned if you try <!--#var AUTHENTICATED_USER-->. However, if you try
something like <!--#if "AUTHENTICATED_USER in objectIds()"-->, it does not
work.

The only way I have been able to use this information so far is to put
<INPUT TYPE=hidden name=userID value="<!--#var AUTHENTICATED_USER-->">
in a form, and pass it in a REQUEST to another page. But I want to be able to
get this information directly. I have even tried REQUEST.set('myUser',
AUTHENTICATED_USER) inthe header, but this has the same problem
(unsurprisingly) as AUTHENTICATED_USER itself.

Any hints?

Thanks,

JP