[Zope] calling a function with arguments?

Stefan Franke sfranke@cdc-group.com
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 15:05:25 +0100

julian@zereau.net wrote:
> I want to call a function I have made, with arguments.
>
> 1) is there any way to call it direct, complete with module name? It
> would mean
> getting Zope to import that module.

Where is your function located? Is it an external method? In this
case imports in the method's file work fine, but only inside Zope's
search path (practically, the installation path and lib subdirectory).
A good place to put your modules and packages is the
lib//shared/<your company> dir.

> 2) I know I can put it in an external metod and use <!--var
> mymethod--> but it
> needs arguments, so I'll need to set and re-set the same
> DTML-namespace
> variable throughout the document, in which case, how do I alter/set
> DTML
> varibles from within DTML?

try
         <!--#var "method (args, ...)"-->