[Zope] ZServer and MSIE

Dave G DAve@mail.netraven.com
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 16:33:07 -0800

For those interested changing the "chunks=1" to "chunks=0" in
http_server.py did in fact fix the incompatibility with MSIE and ZServer.

Zope's, I don't consider this a bug with ZServer but with MSIE as this also
plauged me using Frontier cgi's many times, the fix was the same. So I'm
not creating a bug report unless you want this documented.

DAve.

>I too have noticed this on occasion. I believe that the problem has to do
>with ZServer's attempt at chunking responses.
>
>The next version of ZServer will significantly alter the way ZServer
>handles HTTP response munging issues like this, and hopefully will fix this
>problem.
>
>Thanks for the bug report.
>
>-Amos
>
>P.S. Until then Brad Clements's advice to change use_chunked=1 to
>use_chunked=0 in medusa/http_server.py may help.

"On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at
the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait, and waiting -- died"