[Zope] need help with IIS/ODBC

Jay Ashton jay@tomigaya.shibuya.tokyo.jp
Thu, 04 Mar 1999 17:31:28

As a novice (who's loving Zope!) I'm having a terrible time trying to get
Zope1.10.2 on NT with IIS to connect to MS SQL with a Z ODBC connection.
Previously I had no problem getting Zope 1.9/ZopeHTTPServer to connect to
MS SQL via Z ODBC.

Recently I upgraded to 1.10.2 without a hitch, and was able to run it with
IIS 4.0 after putting the (PCGI executable?) MYZOPE.exe in
/InetPub/scripts/ and turning off in IIS both Basic Authentication and NT
Challenge/Response as I read here in the list.

My problem now is that when I try to open my db connection (exactly the
same connection that was working with 1.9 & ZopeHTTPServer) I get the
following error from IIS:

>HTTP Error 400
>400 Bad Request
>Due to malformed syntax, the request could not be understood by
>the server. The client should not repeat the request without modifications.

In trying to figure out what's going on I've noticed a couple things.
First, and I think most illustrative, if I try to add a new Z ODBC
connection, none of my ODBC sources are showing up in the available list
(except the default 'LocalServer, SQL Server') - whereas if I run my 1.9
Zope with ZopeHTTPServer all my ODBC connections show up just fine.

Also, running my new 1.10.2 Zope/IIS with the faulty db connection side by
side with the functioning 1.9/ZopeHTTPServer, I printed our the environment
variables of both and noticed some differences - USERPROFILE's are Default
User vs. Administrator, and the 1.9/ZopeHTTPServer contains variables not
contained in the 1.10.2/IIS environ: HOMEPATH, TEMP, USERNAME, HOMEDRIVE,
USERDOMAIN, PROMPT, LOGONSERVER, TMP. I attempted to set at least
USERDOMAIN in the 1.10.2/IIS environ, with no luck.

I've read all the posts from the list that I could find dealing with IIS
and ODBC, but couldn't find anything with info on this type of trouble.
Have I made a boneheaded mistake and started to look in the wrong places
for the fix? Any help/info/pointers would be hugely appreciated as I
continue to bang my head on my keyboard hoping that I'll soon clear this
hurdle and get back to having fun with Zope!

Thanks!

Jay