[Zope] AUTHENTICATED_USER, and what you can do with it.

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Wed, 3 Mar 1999 09:39:57 -0500

Cookies or passing around secret messages would be the way to avoid
this, don't use Basic authentication at all.  The UserDB product shows
off a User Folder than uses cookies, and possibly today I am releasing a
User Folder product that authenticates off of a flat file, like
/etc/passwd for alpha testing which also uses either Basic or Cookie
auth.  If you use Cookie auth you are presented with a login/logout
screen to set/clear the cookie.

-Michel