[Zope] ZMySQLDA

Timothy Grant tjg@avalongroup.net
Wed, 03 Mar 1999 13:06:43 -0800

Hi,

I'm playing with Zope, and have been trying to get Zope to talk to MySQL
using the MySQLDA.

I'm running RedHat 5.2

Since there were caveats about having MySQL development enabled, and
such, I downloaded the source distribution for MySQL and made it. It
appears to be working very nicely.

When I follow the procedures outlined in the README, the following
happens:

I run make -f Makefile.pre.in boot and everything works correctly.

I then run make and get the following error.
gcc -fPIC -g -O2 -I/usr/include/python1.5 -I/usr/include/python1.5
-DHAVE_CONFIG
_H  -I/usr/local/mysql/include -I/usr/include/mysql -c ./MySQLmodule.c
./MySQLmodule.c: In function `pythonify_row':
./MySQLmodule.c:238: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type
gcc -shared  MySQLmodule.o  -L/usr/local/mysql/lib -L/usr/lib/mysql
-lmysqlclien
t -lm -o MySQLmodule.so
ld: cannot open -lmysqlclient: No such file or directory
make: *** [MySQLmodule.so] Error 1

I did a locate on mysqlclient, and coudln't find the file. though I did
find some called libmysqlclient. So I changed the both Setup and
Setup.in to reflect that other name. however, I still get the above
error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Stand Fast,