[Zope] Using Zope with CORBA (new user question)

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 17:42:51 -0500 (EST)

Are you the wonderful folk that manage the atmospheric database at
LDEO?? If so thanks a lot. I use it all the time for my work!

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, Jody Winston wrote:

> I have a long running process that will be started by Zope.  This
> process has a CORBA interface that is implemented using ILU.  I would
> like to be able to asynchronously have this process generate data for
> Zope.

I do not know much about CORBA but you might find it helpful to check the
ZClient library that comes with Zope. You can use ZClient to script Zope
actions. In other words you can have your CORBA proccess running
independently of Zope and whenever there are available data you can call
Zope using ZClient and update whatever you need to.

Pavlos