[Zope] Plenty of problems. Please Help

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 05:46:40 -0500 (EST)

Zopistas

I have encountered problems mainly associated with ZServer and ZAP:

I am using Zope-1.9.0 and the preconfigured Apache server to run my Zope
site. Last night (a couple of hours ago!) I installed ZServer. It wouldn't
run and I had to add the following to start.py to fix it:

import sys,os
sys.path.insert(0,os.path.join('..','lib','python'))

Later on upon entering the management screens I noticed that the id of the
top level folder dissappeared which caused the paths to my objects to
change. With ZAP (the preconfigured apache) I would visit:
http://www.gaaros.com:8080/Gaaros/ to get to the top level directory but
with ZServer is: http://www.gaaros.com:8080/ which spoils all kind of
links that people have on my site.

Switching back to ZAP I got the following error:

  <FONT SIZE="+2">Temporarily Unavailable</FONT>
  <P>
  The resource you requested is temporarily unavailable - please try again
later.
  </TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>
(102) failure during connect
<!--
No such file or directory
pcgi-wrapper-version 2.0a5
-->
</BODY></HTML>

Seems like ZServer changed my root id from "Gaaros" to nothing.
I called PickleDictionary on Data.bbb directly from python but I could not
even see the subobjects. BTW can the Zope Data.bbb be accessed directly
from PickleDictionary??

Also trying to shut ZServer from the control-panel results in a core dump.

Ok enough for now, its very late and I cannot think anymore.

If anybody has any clues about the root object id problem please let me
know.

Thanks

Pavlos