[Zope] XML discussions

Robert OConnor rocon@pivot.net
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 15:49:30 -0500

Hi Paul and Zopesters,

Paul writes in the thread:
[Zope] Some tough questions about zope...

>I've been awfully interested in XML in
>the last few days.  Can you describe what
>user-visible benefits PHP delivers due to its integrated
>XML parser?

I found a great description about XML in:
"20 Questions on XML"
http://builder.com/Authoring/Xml20/index.html

On Paul's Zope roadmap: (Jan 18th)
http://www.zope.org/Information/Roadmap

"(2) XML. Zope is a great fit for XML, even better
with the machinery from Tabula going in. We also
see XML becoming the basis for other initiatives,
such as WebDAV and RDF. However, we just can't
squeeze out the time to dive in deep. Rather, we'd
love to see more community progress like that
which popped up this weekend."

I did a search for postings that had "XML"
in the subject and found
55 messages in ~6 threads between
Jan 8th and Feb 2nd

Other messages have "XML" in the body.

Hopefully we can get some OUTLINE of how ZOPE
and XML can work together.  --- A framework for
further discussions.

-bobo connor  bob@rocnet.com