[Zope] Access to DTML Document properties

Luciano Ramalho luciano@magnet.com.br
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 00:19:24 -0300

At 21:13 09/03/99 -0500, Pavlos Christoforou wrote:
>On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, Luciano Ramalho wrote:
>> So, how do I access properties of sub-documents from
>> a sub-document in the same folder?
>>
>One way is to use DTML Methods instead of DTML Documents.

I understand the difference between DTML Methods and DTML Documents.

The very reason I chose to do it with DTML Documents was to be able to
store some special fields, such as 'author' in my example, along with the
document. I cannot do that with DTML Methods, as they do not have properties.

In Zope 1.0.9 I used folders but I was running into problems with relative
links. It seemed natural to switch from my previous folders to the new DTML
Documents.

I still do not know to reference the properties of a DTML Document 'A' from
within a document or method 'B' in located in the same folder as 'A'.

Thanks for any help.

[]s
Luciano