[Zope] non-External Methods

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 10:40:07 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 11 Mar 1999, Martijn Faassen wrote:

> I think it's true Product python code doesn't go into the Object
> Database, but I'm unclear about what happens with External Method python
> code. You need press the 'edit' button for an external method in Zope
> each time you changed something in it and want it updated. This would
> imply Python code can indeed be part of the Object database, right?

Actually not. For security reasons the code of an External method does
not reside in the Object Database but in the filesystem. When you press
the 'edit' button the code is read and evaluated and it is the evaluated
code that is stored in the Object Database. There was a thread about
whether the source code should be included in the Object Database but I
think thge Digital Creators were not convinced.

Pavlos