[Zope] ZSQL direct traveral question

John Eikenberry jae@kavi.com
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 18:18:35 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, John Eikenberry wrote:

> >   http://localhost/events/dbFindEventById/event_id/2/event_details_html
> >
> > At first, I tried:
> >
> >   http://localhost/events/dbFindEventById/2/event_details_html
> >
> > which looks very close to your first example, and it did not work. Then I
> > realized you are required to specify the name of the parameter in the URL
> > as well, so I added event_id before the 2, and I was off to the races.
>
> Actually, I've found the reverse to be true. When I try:
>
> http://zope.kavi.com/mem/comp_id/2/comp_admin/contacts/
>
> I get this error:
>
> Invalid integer value for comp_id

< Traceback snipped >

Ok, I think I figured out why we have different (opposite) results in
this. I don't think you checked the "Allow direct traversal" checkbox on
the advanced management page for the ZSQL method. If I unchecked it, then
I could traverse like so...

http://zope.kavi.com/mem/comp_id/2/comp_admin/contacts/

After checking it, I could traverse in this way...

http://zope.kavi.com/mem/2/comp_admin/contacts/

Strange... :)

Still doesn't address my original problem thought. I still can't get
access to any of the results of the 'mem/2' query anywhere other than
directly after it (on the url).

Ie.

http://zope.kavi.com/mem/2/comp_admin/contacts/index_html

Doesn't work, but...

http://zope.kavi.com/mem/2/test_html

Does...

I'm still digging through the ZSQL code looking for a way to fix this.
I'll let everyone know once I've figured it out.

---

John Eikenberry
[jae@kavi.com - http://taos.kavi.com/~jae/]
 will deserve neither and lose both."