[Zope] Zope install help needed: "Premature end of script header"

Kevin Teague kevin@studioinfo.com
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 22:36:21 -0800

I installed the  Zope binary on a linux box, and everything went well. User
authentication worked successfully with Apache using the 'REMOTE USER'
environment variable. Then I tried to get ZMySQLDA to work, but I couldn't
get the Zope Python install to find 'libmysqlclient'. I got a build of
Python 1.5.1 to successfully import MySQL.

So I decided to reinstall Zope from source, so that I could use my own
Python. The source Zope built okay, but when I tried to start Zope through
the web browser I got an "Internal Server Error" message from Apache, the
error log said I had a "Premature end of script header". I've checked
permission on the var dir and user authentication still seems to work fine.
I couldn't figure out why I was getting the error, so I tried re-installing
the binary distribution of Zope. No luck there either, I get the same
"premature end of script header" error message. I've checked the Zope.cgi
file, and it seems o.k.

Does anyone have any idea why Zope.cgi is failing on me? Is there something
I have to do to Apache or Zope if I've removed the Zope folder and then
untarred and re-installed a new Zope?

Don't know if this'll help, but this is what I get when I run Zope.cgi from
the command line:
Bobo-Exception-Line: 167

<head>
<title>exceptions.KeyError</title>