[Zope] Web Application Software

Benjamin Suto ben@amvalue.com
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 16:22:14 -0500

I wonder just how robust Zope is.

I am writing an internal application for a tour operator that I work
for.  Right now, I'm considering the software for a group quote program
that will allow people on the Intranet or people travelling abroad with
the groups to add or edit services on a complete group package.

The kicker is that we need to access some btrieve files that are part of
another accounting package that needs to be tied into this.

Assuming I figure a way around the btrieve packages, is Zope robust
enough to handle an application like this?  All I've seen so far are
shopping cart programs, but this would be much more complex.

Are there any references to any pointers or any such information about
just what Zope can do?  I haven't been able to glean as much as I wanted
from the site.

Ben