[Zope] Trying to understand the Scheduler

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@amber.org
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 13:26:46 -0500

On Tue, Mar 23, 1999 at 12:05:48PM -0600, Ross J. Reedstrom wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote:
> >
> > Do not try to understand the scheduler.  It's not really implemented
> > nor is it useful for anything at this time.
>
> If you need to do periodic tasks, the wisdom of the list says go with a
> cron job script attaching to your Zopesite via the ZClient interfaces
> (caveat: I know nothing about this - just repeating what I've read here)
> Anyone know were to look for info on this elusive ZClient stuff?

Read the source luke :-)

Actually here's where to find the basics of what you're interested in...

	.../lib/python/ZPublisher/Client.py

This should probably go into the FAQ in the ZDP PDQ ;-)  I remember
seeing a few examples of it, for the the life of me, I can't find them!

Chris