[Zope] ZSQL direct traveral question

John Eikenberry jae@kavi.com
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 12:50:07 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999, John Eikenberry wrote:

> Still doesn't address my original problem thought. I still can't get
> access to any of the results of the 'mem/2' query anywhere other than
> directly after it (on the url).
>
> Ie.
>
> http://zope.kavi.com/mem/2/comp_admin/contacts/index_html
>
> Doesn't work, but...
>
> http://zope.kavi.com/mem/2/test_html
>
> Does...
>
> I'm still digging through the ZSQL code looking for a way to fix this.
> I'll let everyone know once I've figured it out.

Ok, I figured out a way to hack around this limitation of traversing an
ZSQLMethod. I whipped up a simple 'pluggable brain' for the ZSQLMethod in
question...

from Acquisition import Implicit
from Record import Record

class req_store_brain(Implicit):
    """ stores info from sql query in REQUEST """

    def __init__(self):
        new = {}
        for key in self.__record_schema__.keys():
            new[key] = getattr(self,key)
        self.aq_parent.REQUEST.other.update(new)

This simply sticks the results of the ZSQLMethod in the REQUEST object.
Everything in the heirarchy after this has access to the queries results.

---

John Eikenberry
[jae@kavi.com - http://taos.kavi.com/~jae/]
 will deserve neither and lose both."