[Zope] [Project Idea] Looking ahead to the future of Linux ...

Martijn Faassen M.Faassen@vet.uu.nl
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 16:25:48 +0100

"Bryan J. Smith" wrote:
[snip]

> Little and big internal projects aside, I was wondering if Zope could
> possibly fill a gap that will come about with Linux shortly.  That gap is
> software distribution at the enterprise server to client level.

I'm not sure I understand what you want here, but perhaps interesting
for you is the Trove project. Perhaps it's directed more to larger scale
internet based distribution, though. Another problem is that as far as I
know the project isn't progressing very quickly if at all (perhaps you
can help).

I've even heard mention of ZTrove, which would be a Zope based Trove, if
I understand well. I don't know what the status on that is.

Mind, I don't know a thing about Trove, just giving pointers in the hope
it's useful.

Regards,

Martijn