[Zope] Automatically creating instances for each user?

Martin Dougiamas martin@dougiamas.com
Sun, 28 Mar 1999 21:59:27 +0800

Hi,

I'm new to Zope, but I'm eagerly learning it.  I like the
paradigm - it seems to fit the way I think.

This is my first post here.  I've hit a snag, and I'm hoping
someone more experienced can point me in the best direction.

I'm developing an application that needs user-modifiable pages.
I already have a Zope form where the user can edit text properties
of an object, and another page that displays those properties as HTML.

My problem is, I want each authenticated user to be editing their
own instance of this object, and I also want the URL to be the
same for each user.

eg  fred sees http://host/mypage as fred's editable page
    mary sees http://host/mypage as mary's editable page

What is the best approach I should take to achieve this in DTML?

Cheers,
Martin
--
### Martin Dougiamas -- Internet Agent            is == i see
### Centre for Educational Advancement