[Zope] URL problems.

Tim Hawes tim.hawes@ncmail.net
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 07:48:50 -0500

I just installed Zope on a Netscape Enterprise Server (3.6). I compiled
and installed the nscgiauth plugin, and all seems to run OK, except for
one thing:

When I try to add items to the site through the manage screen, I get:

        Not Found

        The requested object does not exist on this server. The link you
followed is either outdated,
        inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have
it. Please inform the site
        administrator of the referring page.

When I open the frame into a new window, I see that the URL looks
something like:

http://www.foo.bar.net/Zope/GATE/manage/.?%3Amethod=manage_addDTMLDocumentForm

When I edit the URL by hand to remove the "."

http://www.foo.bar.net/Zope/GATE/manage/?%3Amethod=manage_addDTMLDocumentForm

It works fine. What is going on here, and what do I need to do to change
it? I plan on having other people from other departments access resourses
on Zope to create their own objects, and I need this to work right out of
the box.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tim Hawes
tim.hawes@ncmail.net